A drink refreshing and whose benefits on the body are exellent., Thanks to my colleague Laurence who provided me the seeds. I give you my recipe but on the site below you will find other recipe and how the seeds are kept.
AVOID CONTACT OF GRAINS WITH METALLIC UTENSILS (spoons, colanders, containers)
ALL INGREDIENTS MUST BE TEMPERATURE AMBIANTE
BASIC RECIPE: for 1 liter
In a 1.5 liter glass jar:
- Put about 70 grams of kefir grains after rinsing them in a colander underwater water
- Pouring mineral water to keep grains longer.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, preferably organic, or white. Do not replace sugar with a sweetener that does not feed grain.
- half a lemon, organic and well washed, sliced into wedges or slices
- 2 figs
- Cover with a cloth and leave to rest at room temperature (18 ° to 25 °). Place the jar away from light between 24 and 48 hours: it is your taste that will determine the time of fermentation.
- At this time, filter everything in a plastic strainer, put the liquid in a tightly closed bottle.
The fruit kefir is ready to be consumed right away. You can put it in the fridge to prevent the fermentation from continuing.
- Throw half lemon and figs and rinse the kefir.
Repeat the recipe! The Kefir drink can not be kept for more than 3-4 days in the refrigerator, so it must be prepared as and when you need it.
To keep the grains or little brambles, drained and dried in the sun or near the heating (36h, canned in a hermetic box) and reidharter in warm water and sugar, or so rinsed drained and frozen ( 1 year) it will be enough to defrost them and to return them in water and sugar before using them.